Sunday night is my favorite night of the week to make dinner at home. I have plenty of time to prep and lots of fresh groceries. On Sundays, I try to make a meal that I can eat leftovers from. I’m a big fan of eating leftovers. I hate wasting food. It’s always nice when I can get a couple meals from dinner.
This particular recipe was really yummy and inexpensive to make. I was in the mood for Mexican and Italian food. Baked Taco Pasta seemed to be a great combination of the two. I decided to come up with my own recipe. I just thought of all the ingredients I like in my taco and added them to macaroni noddles.
- 1 lb lean turkey meat (ground beef is fine too, turkey is just leaner)
- 1 16oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can of jalapenos
- 1 cup onion
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 box macaroni noddles
- Tbs fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook noodles as directed on box
- Cook meat with chopped onion until fully cooked.
- Add tomatoes, jalapenos and taco seasoning.
- In a large mixing bowl add meat mixture with noddles and 1 cup cheese.
- Pour into a greased large Pyrex baking dish
- Top with chopped grape tomatoes and cilantro
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy 🙂
I really enjoyed this dish. We got a few meals out of it. I will definitely be making this one again.