So here is what I used…
Large Spaghetti Squash- $.99 per lb.
1/2 cup Ricotta cheese- $2
1/4 cup shredded cheese (the recipe said any kind of cheese you want, I used Italian blend cheese)-$2
1 egg (I used 1/4 cup of egg beaters. They are less fat and were on sale.)- $1.25
1 tsp mince garlic
1 Tomato (The original recipe calls for sun dried tomatoes, but I didn’t realize that until after I got home from the store. The regular tomato was good too, but I’m sure the sun dried tomatoes would taste great too.)
2 Tbs of marinara sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Cut Squash in half, scoop seeds out and place on cookie sheet.
- Drip olive oil and salt and pepper over squash
- Bake for 45 minutes- 1hour
- After squash is cooked, let cool
- Use fork to remove the insides and make it into a spaghetti form.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add Spaghetti squash, ricotta cheese, egg beaters, Italian cheese and tomato in bowl and mix.
- Spray 8×8 baking dish with oil of your choice.
- Place all ingredient to baking dish, then cover and bake for 20 minutes, uncover and finish cooking for another 20 minute.
- Let cool
- Add warm Marinara to plate, top with casserole and Parmesan cheese and enjoy!