My husband and I are going on a trip in a few weeks to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. It’s something that we have been wanting to do for a while, but with the pandemic, we weren’t sure if we were going to be able to get away this year. Luckily things are all working out for us and we have planned a trip to Las Vegas.
As most of you know, we lived in Las Vegas for over 4 years. We loved living there and miss it a lot, so going back to Las Vegas is kind of special for us. Because we actually lived in Vegas, we never really got that adult Vegas trip we always wanted to take. We tried a little over a year ago, but I had found out I was pregnant with Anna a week or so before our trip. Las Vegas is not a place you want to be when you are 6 weeks pregnant. I spent my mornings throwing up and the rest of the day I wanted to take a nap. This time I’m not going to be pregnant and we are finally going on that Vegas trip we always talked about. Our plans are to spend our days relaxing by the pool and our evenings going out to shows and fancy restaurants that we always wanted to go to, but never did when we lived there because we had a baby.
I’m excited to spend some quality time with my husband, but I’m also excited to have an excuse to wear some cute outfits. My clothes have been begging me to wear them this last year. I have a problem with too many clothes and not enough places to wear them. That’s why I’m starting early and making sure I pack some fun outfit options. I’m an emotional dresser, so packing is always a challenge for me. The good thing is that I know Vegas and I have a good idea of what to pack for our trip.
Here are some of the outfit ideas I plan to pack for our Las Vegas trip.
*This post contains affiliate links.
Day Time/ Pool
Afternoon/ Walking around the strip, shopping, happy hour drinks
Night/ Dinner, shows, club, casino
Packing tips for Vegas
- Bring a layering piece- Even though the weather is hot, the AC indoors can be quite chilly in the summer, so don’t forget to pack some kind of layering piece just in case.
- Stick to flats during the day- You don’t realize how much walking you can do on the strip, so don’t put your feet through the discomfort of heels during the day. Save the heels for the evening and take an Uber to your destination!
- Pack hats and SPF- Try your best to protect yourself from the sun. If you plan on being outside don’t forget a hat and some good sunscreen.
- Pack a steamer- I have a travel-size steamer that I plan to pack. Hotels often have irons, but I don’t like the hassle of getting an iron out, so I always like to have a steamer on hand.
- Pack what you feel good in- Vegas is such a fun place to dress for because anything goes. You can be dressed up all the way and the person next to you will be wearing flip flops, a t-shirt, and cut-off jeans and it’s okay because everyone is having fun.