February is a month all about love! Love for your spouse or significant other, love for your family, love for your children. But what about love for yourself? As moms, I think we often forget the importance of self-love and taking care of one’s self. I practice self-love just by taking care of myself both mentally and physically. Today I want to share how I practice self-love with my daily mom beauty routine.
*This post contains affiliate links.
As a mom, I completely understand that it is hard sometimes to put yourself first and make time for a beauty routine. This is why I try to keep it simple. I have always loved taking care of myself by putting on makeup and doing my hair. That didn’t change for me after I became a mom. This is why I make my beauty routine a priority in daily life.
My current mom beauty routine
A good skincare routine wasn’t always a part of my beauty routine until after I became a mom. I was always just a makeup remover wipe kind of girl, but all that changed after I had a baby. Becoming a mom made me realize I was aging. Which made me think that I needed to take better care of my skin. I now have a pretty easy and effective skincare routine that I love!
- I wash my face in the shower with Neutrogena’s Oil-Free Acne Wash.
- As my toner, I use Versed Weekend Glow Daily Brightening Solution.
- I always use a Vitamin C serum in the AM. I am currently using Versed Brightening Serum.
- In the morning I like to use a lightweight gel moisturizer. I have been switching between It Cosmetics Confidence in a Gel Lotion and Versed Dew Point Moisturising Gel Cream.
- If my eyes need a little extra love in the morning I use my Maelove The Eye Enhancer eye cream.
- Even though it’s winter, I still use sunscreen. I switch between Bliss block star invisible daily sunscreen and Good Molecules Sheer mineral sunscreen.
- To remove my makeup I have been switching between these makeup remover clothes from Amazon and Versed day dissolve cleansing balm.
- For my nightly cleanser, I am currently using CeraVe Acne Control Cleanser.
- My nightly serum is always a retinal serum. I am currently switching between Versed Press Restart Gentle Retinal Serum and Maelove moonlight retinal super serum.
- CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion is usually my go-to nightly moisturizer, but I needed something a little more hydrating with the winter weather. I switched to Versed Skin Soak Rich Moisture Cream.
- Versed Smooth Landing Advanced Retinoid Eye Cream is my nightly eye cream.
I have always loved makeup. I find it so fun to try new products and learn new techniques for applying makeup. What I have found that I love the most about my makeup beauty routine is how calming it can be. It’s like painting or doing one of those coloring books. Even if my kids are screaming in the next room, I still find a sense of peace in putting my makeup on.
- For foundation, I have been using Tarte Shape Tape Cloud CC Cream. When I want something with a little lighter coverage I go for my Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer.
- My go-to concealers are It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anit- Aging Concealer and Tarte Shape Tape Concealer. I prefer the It Cosmetics concealer in winter because it’s more hydrating.
- I am on the hunt for a new bronzer, but for now, I am using Kylie Cosmetics Pressed Bronzing Powder in the color khaki. It’s the only bronzer I have light enough for my skin at the moment.
- For blush, I have been loving ColourPop Hydrating Blush Stix.
- I am currently using NYX Lift & Snatch Brow Pen for my brows.
- My eyeshadow pallets are all currently out of stock, but I switch between my ColourPop eye shadow pallets and Tarte pallets. Both are great eye shadow brands.
- Wet n Wild Megalast Eyeliner is my favorite liner and it’s so affordable!
- For mascara, I have been using L’Oreal Voluminous Curved Brush Mascara and Primer for the last 10 years. This is my favorite mascara ever!
- I don’t wear a lot of lip color, so when I do I wear something sheer. I love Tarte’s Maracuja Juicy Lip gloss. I have it in the color rose.
I wash my hair every other day. My hair is very fine and it can get very oily fast so it’s hard for me to go longer than one day without a wash. I get my hair done about 3 times per year. When I go to the salon I ask for partial highlights.
- On my hair wash days, I use Herbal Essences Rose hips Shampoo and Conditioner. I also mix in a little Not Your Mother’s Blonde Moment Purple shampoo to help protect my highlights.
- After the shower, I spray my hair with Eva NYC Mane Magic 10-in-1 Primer and SGX NYC Heat Protection spray.
- On my no-hair wash days, Batiste Bare Dry Shampoo is my tried and true dry shampoo. It’s affordable and it’s the only dry shampoo that helps keep my hair looking halfway decent on my no-hair wash days.
- I curl my hair with either my straightener or curling iron, depending on the length. You can read more about how I curl my hair HERE.
I don’t get my nails done at the salon. I don’t like spending money on professional manicures, so I do all my mani and pedies at home on my own time. Once a week I paint my nails with Olive and June Nail Polish. I love their polish and nail products. It really does give you the perfect salon-quality at-home manicure.
My daily beauty routine not only helps me feel good on the outside, but it helps me feel good on the inside as well. That is what’s important. What kind of ways do you practice self-love in your daily routines?