Here are my 7 essential items from my maternity wardrobe that I couldn’t live without during my pregnancy.
- Long Tank Tops- When I was pregnant, I stocked up on a bunch of long tank tops. I didn’t even bother with buying any maternity tank tops, I just bought regular tanks in a size larger than I usually would wear. I found that Target’s basic long tank tops (here) were great for stretching over my baby bump and H&M has some great long jersey tank tops (here) that worked great through my pregnancy.
- Long Cardigan- I love my long cardigans and I loved them, even more, when I was pregnant. I loved layering them with all my long tank tops. I usually find really cute cardigans at Target (here) and H&M (here) for a great price.
- Leggings- I found that there was no reason to buy maternity leggings for me. I fell in love with my Forever 21 leggings (here). I usually would buy a size small, but while I was pregnant I bought them in a medium and they went up higher on my belly, just like maternity leggings would. They worked great throughout my pregnancy and you really can’t beat the price at $3.80 apiece.
- A Simple Dress- I decided to buy one maternity dress while I was pregnant. I was in my third trimester during the holidays, so I wanted a simple dress that I could wear over and over again. I ended up finding a cute one at Target (here).
- Maternity Jeans- Even though I was able to wear my normal jeans throughout my pregnancy, I still wanted a pair of maternity jeans that I could wear comfortably. I ended up finding a pair from Motherhood Maternity (here). Since maternity jeans aren’t cheap, you really only need one pair, plus you really won’t need to wear them for very long. I didn’t even fit into maternity jeans until my 3rd trimester.
- Maternity/Nursing bra- This is an absolute must-have maternity item. One thing I didn’t realize was that your rib cage expands as your baby grows, causing your normal bras to not fit around you. This is why it’s important to find a good comfortable wireless bra. This nursing bra from Target (here) was a lifesaver for me. I’m still wearing these bras and I may never go back to wearing my old underwire bras.
- Belly Band- My belly band may have been the most important maternity purchase that I made while I was pregnant. The belly band helped me wear all my normal nonmaternity clothes all the way into my 9th month. I bought mine at Target (here).
Here are my looks from Thursday and Friday.
On Thursday I wore my new navy top from Target (original post here). I am really loving this top! It’s a great summer top and I love the embroidery detail on the bottom. I knew that I had to layer up because anyone who has ever been in a casino during the summertime in Las Vegas knows that it might be 110 degrees outside, but inside it feels like the arctic.
Denim Jacket- Meijer
I always think it’s a good idea to take a second look inside your closet to see what you can find. I’m looking forward to doing that this new school year and sharing more looks from my closet. I can’t wait to share more!
Some easy ways to put together a great 4th of July outfit is to look for basic pieces like shorts, tank tops, and skirts, then accessorize them with some holiday flair. For me, I like to accessorize with my red beads and add some denim in for my blue.